SUMMER FILM ACADEMY PROGRAM 2017
Founded in 2007, this 4-week, full-day Intensive Digital Filmmaking Workshop will be training each student artist to work in collaboration on development, screenwriting, directing, shooting, editing and distributing short digital films using Pro-Tool professional equipment. All areas of film production will be taught by PeachCraft Faculty who are all professionals in the Industry and can be found on The Internet Movie Database (IMDb.com) The biggest, best, most award-winning movie site on the planet.
INTERVIEWING BEGINS NOVEMBER 2016 FOR SUMMER 2017
DATES Session I: TBD
DATES Session II: TBD
AGES: 14-20. Class size limited to 10 (ten)*.
MATERIALS FEE: $680. Non-refundable separate materials fee due upon acceptance. No exceptions.
* We reserve the right to cancel classes and restrict admissions.
• Articulating new ideas and choosing which will make the most telling stories.
• The nature of the three-act structure, the rise and fall of the story arc.
• Creating memorable characters and establishing the dynamics of conflict.
• The industry standard: how to correctly format and present your screenplay.
• Prioritizing, strategizing, and organizing all the elements of a film.
• Putting together a cast and a crew, scouting and securing locations, acquiring props and equipment.
• Budgeting, scheduling, marketing and advertising.
• Learning to visually tell a story, verbalizing your intentions to actors/crew.
• Working with the camera: framing, blocking, 180-degree rule.
• Covering all angles, the meaning of movement.
• The differences between film cameras and the digital revolution.
• The nature, power, and emotional effects of light, how to use shadows, emphasize or manipulate colors, and more.
• The operation of the camera, focusing, exposures, film speed, white balancing.
• Lighting techniques, three-point set-up.
• Tutorials on the functionality of Final Cut Pro.
• Cutting on action, cutting for continuity vs. for dramatic narrative.
• Special effects, motion control, stretching and compressing moments.
• Basics of DVD Duplication and mass mailings.
• Marketing the idea and converting to a sellable format.
• Preparation and production of posters, DVD cases, press kits.
• Researching appropriate film festivals circuits.
Please call studio to schedule a review of submission material: 908/673-1485
Summer 2008 PeachCraft Young Talent Filmmakers.
Student Filmmakers: Lauren Morra, Ben Romero, Alyssa Claudio, Rachel
Donahue, Matthew Marvin, Kyra Morling and Melissa Lawson.
Directors: Kate Kennedy, Tony Jannelli, Andy Breckman of MONK, (seated)
& Kevin Seidman, screenwriter (standing).
Summer 2009 PeachCraft Studios Young Talent Filmmakers Back: Sam Weisman, Trevor Silverstein, Eric Richards, Rachel Donahue, Ben Romero, Lauren Cohen, Greg Baron
Front: Tony Jannelli, Kate Kennedy, Ryan Wick, Raena Del'Ermo (na) Melissa Lawson (na).