A series of three Conservatory Programs: Musical Theater Conservatory, Film Academy and Contemporary Drama Workshop. All offer a friendly and supportive environment. These courses are aimed toward anyone ages 10-18 who is interested in a summer program focused primarily on artist development where they can explore their craft.
AREAS OF ARTIST DEVELOPMENT SUMMER 2013
MUSICAL THEATER CONSERVATORY 2013
Wonderfully produced and unrivaled training program providing access to musical theater and performance opportunity for young artists ages 10-19. Now in its 7th year! In a friendly, safe and supportive environment, the student artists develop individual and ensemble skills. Their talent is enhanced in areas of voice, choreography, dramaturgy, acting, and the application of all these skills toward the text and music culminating in three tip tier productions for family, friends and community. Our training for this Workshop
at PDVF is firmly rooted in the classics of Musical Theater and has proven time and again to be a challenging, stimulating, rewarding and as always, a joyful experience for all!
Session I ~ July 1 - July 27
AGES: Student ages 10-18
TIMES : Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm
Materials Fee : $400. This is separate and in addition to the tuition. Required after
acceptance in order to hold placement.
**Meals are not included. Special arrangements can be made prior to the start of the summer program.
VOCAL CONSERVATORY WORKSHOPS SUMMER 2013
***BOTH SESSIONS NOW FULL
This course is designed to aid the students in finding the comfort and skills needed to sing in ensembles as well as solo work. Along with learning solos, students will also work on duets, trios, quartets and larger groups in which they will learn how to sing in harmony to balance and blend their voice within the ensemble. Students will also work on technique and musical expression within their singing. Class members will work on scenes and song repertoire for their age group and vocal ability. A performance will take place at the end of the workshop for an invited audience.
***BOTH SESSIONS NOW FULL
Session I: Monday, August 5 - Friday, August 9, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Session II: onday, August 12 - Friday, August 16, 10:00 AM - 3:00PM
AGES: 10-17, class size limited to 12.
TIMES: Monday-Friday, 9:30am-4:00pm
TUITION: $1080. per session. Student can book one or both sessions.
MATERIALS FEE: $125. Non-refundable materials and administration fee, due upon acceptance.
FILM LAB ACADEMY INTENSIVE 2013
Established in Summer of 2006, PeachCraft's Film Academy is an innovative and progressive training program based upon the practical and professional applications of filmmaking skillsets in all the key areas needed for Film Majors and Film Professionals in the industry . All faculty are working professionals. PeachCraft Film Lab has set the standard high as you can see our student films have been awarded OFFICIAL SELECTION in film festivals since we began submitting them in 2007 as well as our graduates have gained acceptance into NYU Tisch Film School. Our graduates of the Film Academy's summer programs gain an unparalleled depth of experience and specific knowledge for all areas of filmmaking giving them the edge over other film schools. Our students each screenwrite, cast, direct, shoot, edit and produce their own individual short high-def digital film using ProTools, as well as package their film for distribution and entry into festivals.
DATES: Session I: TBD
TIMES: Monday - Friday, 9AM- 4:00PM
AGES: 13-18* Class Sizes limited to 10 students.
TUITION: $4,980. Four Week Intensive
MATERIALS FEE: $600.**
*We reserve the right to cancel classes at our discretion and to restrict admissions.
**Due upon acceptance, non-refundable materials and administration fee.
• Articulating new ideas and choosing which will make the most telling stories.
• The nature of the three-act structure, the rise and fall of the story arc.
• Creating memorable characters and establishing the dynamics of conflict.
• The industry standard: how to correctly format and present your screenplay.
• Prioritizing, strategizing, and organizing all the elements of a film.
• Putting together a cast and a crew, scouting and securing locations, acquiring props and equipment.
• Budgeting, scheduling, marketing and advertising.
• Learning to visually tell a story, verbalizing your intentions to actors/crew.
• Working with the camera: framing, blocking, 180-degree rule.
• Covering all angles, the meaning of movement.
• The differences between film cameras and the digital revolution.
• The nature, power, and emotional effects of light, how to use shadows, emphasize or manipulate colors, and more.
• The operation of the camera, focusing, exposures, film speed, white balancing.
• Lighting techniques, three-point set-up.
• Tutorials on the functionality of Final Cut Pro.
• Cutting on action, cutting for continuity vs. for dramatic narrative.
• Special effects, motion control, stretching and compressing moments.
• Basics of DVD Duplication and mass mailings.
• Marketing the idea and converting to a sellable format.
• Preparation and production of posters, DVD cases, press kits.
• Researching appropriate film festivals circuits
DRAMA WORKSHOP SUMMER 2013
FEES: $1080. per session.
MATERIALS FEE: $100
Class Size: Limited to 12
Remember you can book for one or two of these sessions!
The PDVF Modern Drama Workshop is a two-week intensive course that gives the student actor the opportunity to work on a contemporary text for the purposes of voice, movement, script analysis, characterization, improvisation, audition technique and awareness. The actors will be given monologues to prepare. This monologue will provide the core of the actor's time on the course. The foundation technique that is workshopped at PDVF is Russian based in Constantin Stanislavski and Michael Chekhov.
TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW CALL PEACHCRAFT STUDIOS OF DRAMA, VOICE & FILMMAKING AT 908/673-1485.
THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS FOR SUMMER PROGRAMS AFTER JUNE 15th, 2013.