A series of three Conservatory Programs: Musical Theater Conservatory, Film Academy and Contemporary Drama Workshop. All offer a friendly and supportive environment. These courses are aimed toward anyone ages 10-18 who is interested in a summer program focused primarily on artist development where they can explore their craft.
AREAS OF ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
MUSICAL THEATER CONSERVATORY SUMMER CAMP
Now in it's 8th successful year, this professionally produced and unrivaled training program provides access to classic musical theater and performance opportunity for the yountg artists ages 10-19. In a friendly, safe and supportive environment, the student artists develop individual and ensemble skill.
DATES : MONDAY, JUNE 24, 2019 - FRIDAY, JULY 26, 2019
AGES: Student ages 9-17
TIMES : Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 3:30pm
TUITION: $980 PER WEEK
Materials Fee : $180.for weekly, $380 for three weeks. This materials and registration fee is separate and in addition to the tuition. This fee is required after acceptance in order to hold placement.
**Meals are not included. Special arrangements can be made prior to the start of the summer program.
VOCAL CONSERVATORY WORKSHOPS
These workshops are week-long or consecutive three-week workshops that all culminate in a presentation recital for an audience of families and community.
FILM LAB ACADEMY INTENSIVE
Established in Summer of 2006, PeachCraft's Film Academy is an innovative and progressive training program based upon the practical and professional applications of filmmaking skillsets in all the key areas needed for Film Majors and Film Professionals in the industry . All faculty are working professionals. PeachCraft Film Lab has set the standard high as you can see our student films have been awarded OFFICIAL SELECTION in film festivals since we began submitting them in 2007 as well as our graduates have gained acceptance into NYU Tisch Film School. Our graduates of the Film Academy's summer programs gain an unparalleled depth of experience and specific knowledge for all areas of filmmaking giving them the edge over other film schools. Our students each screenwrite, cast, direct, shoot, edit and produce their own individual short high-def digital film using ProTools, as well as package their film for distribution and entry into festivals.
DATES: Session I: TBD
TIMES: Monday - Friday, 9AM- 4:00PM
AGES: 13-18* Class Sizes limited to 10 students.
TUITION: $4,980. Four Week Intensive
MATERIALS FEE: $600.**
*We reserve the right to cancel classes at our discretion and to restrict admissions.
**Due upon acceptance, non-refundable materials and administration fee.
• Articulating new ideas and choosing which will make the most telling stories.
• The nature of the three-act structure, the rise and fall of the story arc.
• Creating memorable characters and establishing the dynamics of conflict.
• The industry standard: how to correctly format and present your screenplay.
• Prioritizing, strategizing, and organizing all the elements of a film.
• Putting together a cast and a crew, scouting and securing locations, acquiring props and equipment.
• Budgeting, scheduling, marketing and advertising.
• Learning to visually tell a story, verbalizing your intentions to actors/crew.
• Working with the camera: framing, blocking, 180-degree rule.
• Covering all angles, the meaning of movement.
• The differences between film cameras and the digital revolution.
• The nature, power, and emotional effects of light, how to use shadows, emphasize or manipulate colors, and more.
• The operation of the camera, focusing, exposures, film speed, white balancing.
• Lighting techniques, three-point set-up.
• Tutorials on the functionality of Final Cut Pro.
• Cutting on action, cutting for continuity vs. for dramatic narrative.
• Special effects, motion control, stretching and compressing moments.
• Basics of DVD Duplication and mass mailings.
• Marketing the idea and converting to a sellable format.
• Preparation and production of posters, DVD cases, press kits.
• Researching appropriate film festivals circuits
FEES: $1080. per session.
MATERIALS FEE: $100
Class Size: Limited to 12
Remember you can book for one or two of these sessions!
The PDVF Modern Drama Workshop is a two-week intensive course that gives the student actor the opportunity to work on a contemporary text for the purposes of voice, movement, script analysis, characterization, improvisation, audition technique and awareness. The actors will be given monologues to prepare. This monologue will provide the core of the actor's time on the course. The foundation technique that is workshopped at PDVF is Russian based in Constantin Stanislavski and Michael Chekhov.
TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW CALL PEACHCRAFT STUDIOS OF DRAMA, VOICE & FILMMAKING AT 908/673-1485.